Integrated Waste Water Framework
IWWF Design and Build construction projects included: 64No. Waste Water Treatment Works (WwTW) upgrades, 93No. Waste Water Pumping Station (WwPS) Upgrades and New Builds including associated sewers and pumping mains. 1No. Sludge Dewatering Plant was also delivered. WwTW, WwPS, Sewers and pipeline projects had range values £250k up to £3.5m. Sewers generally ranged from 600 to 1200mm dia, Box Culverts 1200x2500mm and over 75km of pipelines and culverts were completed over the Framework’s 8 year duration by a combination of open cut installation, sheet pile cofferdams, HDD, pipe-jacking and TBM tunnelling.
IWWF WwPS with UID issues generally had forward flow requirements of 25-1750l/s & storm storage of 50-1000m3. IWWF WwPS projects required reinforced concrete wet wells, valve chambers, storm storage, screened overflows, flow metering, GRP kiosks with MCC/MEICA works installed, commissioned and where relevant decommissioned. Integrated designs with operational & maintenance requirements delivered including O&M manuals, training, decommissioning & demolition.
Process and MEICA inputs were delivered by Black & Veatch and Ovivo.
IWWF participation required:
- Health and Safety Management inc Principal Contractor responsibility
- NEC Contracts Experience/Capability. NEC 3 CoC inc Options A, B, C, D
- Innovation in design and construction inc Design Management
- Appraising design, Optioneering, Solution development, Integrated Design
- Partnering and Collaborative working including Workshops
- Risk and Cost Management inc Value Engineering
- Customer Care Management and Liaison with key stakeholders
- EMS & Quality management
- Monthly Reporting
- Selection, development, integrating & monitoring the Supply Chain
- Telemetry and full works Testing and Commissioning