Ballykeel Administration Centre & Depot
As part of NI Water’s Integrated Waste Water Framework, DAWSON-WAM was the Main Contractor and Principal Contractor for this building project.
The new Depot and Administration Centre Scope included:
- The external envelope is a structural steel frame constructed on pad and strip foundations with the floor construction also built on pad and strip foundations. Additional structural steel framing created the mezzanine floor.
- The building roof is 1,020m2 and external walls are 650m2. Both the roof and walls are covered with composite insulated panels including roof lights, flashings, gutters and downspouts.
- Other works included: Curtain Walling 90m2, Polyester Powder Coated Aluminium Windows 60m2, External doors included Roller shutter doors. Internal finishes included dry lined walls 998m2, 215mm thick block-work walls 200m2, doors 58nr, ceramic wall tiling 169m2, Emulsion paint 2,471m2, floor carpeting 1,115m2, pvc floor coverings 149m2, skirtings, architraves, plasterboard ceilings 790m2, suspended ceilings 626m2 and steel staircases.
- Mechanical services installations included VRF heat recovery air conditioning installation and LTHW heating coil serviced from new oil fired boiler plant. New domestic hot water services included Calorifier. Boosted pressure cold water provided.
- Electrical services installation included new LG7 lighting, new fire detection and alarm installation to BS5839, New general power and containment installation throughout, new Cat6 Data installation. New security installations included disabled refuge, door access, security alarm and CCTV installation. New site lighting installation.